Skip to Content

Dual Monitor, OnScreen Control (aka SplitScreen) Applies Settings to Both

I have two LG 27UD68-W monitors connected to a Windows 7 machine via two DisplayPort cables (not daisy-chained).

Dual Monitor, OnScreen Control (aka SplitScreen) Applies Settings to Both

Posted on 2018-03-22 20:50:38 Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
I have two LG 27UD68-W monitors connected to a Windows 7 machine via two DisplayPort cables (not daisy-chained).

The OnScreen Control software sees and identifies two monitors -- when I click on one the proper screen highlights.

While the settings appear that I can set monitor 1 as full screen and monitor 2 as 4-screen split, they do not maintain distinct split settings.  The latest setting I choose is what both monitors end up accepting.

Does the OnScreen Control software allow independent split settings?  Is this an issue with monitor names since they are both "LG Ultra HD"?

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated!

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Dual Monitor, OnScreen Control (aka SplitScreen) Applies Settings to Both

aanzar01aanzar01 Member
    Posted on 2018-06-08 15:57:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have similar issue, again with OnScreen screen split, while using 2 LG monitors.  But in my case while I can pick either monitor in the application, making changes to either one in the application only update the same monitor.  So I can only use split screen on one of the two, and I can't control which one.   Any ideas?