Skip to Content

LG V30 adaptive icons disappeared with Oreo update when it's supposed to be an Oreo feature.

On my LG V30 the biggest disappointment with the Oreo update is on feature that the new OS is supposed to support has disappeared from my device.  Everything I …

LG V30 adaptive icons disappeared with Oreo update when it's supposed to be an Oreo feature.

Posted on 2018-03-29 18:52:14 AT&T Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
On my LG V30 the biggest disappointment with the Oreo update is on feature that the new OS is supposed to support has disappeared from my device.  Everything I read says to go to the home screen settings and select icon shape, the problem is it was there on Nougat, and now no longer there.  I repeat in Android 8.0 Oreo on my LG V30 Icon Shapes is no longer in the menu.  Likely avoiding LG going forward, seems the only way to get anything updated correctly you need the vanilla OS.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG V30 adaptive icons disappeared with Oreo update when it's supposed to be an Oreo feature.

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-08-29 18:19:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Good day Thretosix,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the adaptive icons, have you gone to menu > setting > home screen > icon shape? In the case this does not suit your needs, you are able to download a theme or launcher to change the icons that fit your needs.