Skip to Content

Ask the ThinQ Expert

Hi, I just got your 49UK6300 model and connected my google assistant to it so I can use voice commands.

Ask the ThinQ Expert

Posted on 2018-08-18 17:51:46 edited November 2019 LG ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Ask the ThinQ Expert

Polk011Polk011 Member
    Posted on 2018-11-27 00:46:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, I just got your 49UK6300 model and connected my google assistant to it so I can use voice commands. My fiancé has tried to use the same voice commands but we keep getting an error that either 1) it doesn’t recognize her voice or 2) that she has no LG tv assigned to her account. After step 2 it says to go into settings and add google assistant manually but my google assistant account is already there. Can you add two google assistant accounts?
  • Reply Title Icon

simonlarssonsimonlarsson Member
    Posted on 2018-12-02 09:12:43 edited December 2018 Vote Up20Vote Down
    LG Smart TV not showing up in Smart ThinQ app

For me the app does not seem to support TVs at all. When I press + to add a product nothing resembling a TV shows up. I think @siddharth901 and @enzosol has the same issue.

And searching in the app only filter the choices in the dropdown, so can't find it there either. So how do I get the Smart ThinQ app to find my TV?

My TV:  OLED55C8PLA

I am hoping to do this:

But everything is failure to launch without Smart ThinQ being able to connect to my TV.

Thank you for helping!

campansudhanshuverma87bopitiyaTyroneWilliams
  • Reply Title Icon

patchaspatchas Member
    Posted on 2018-12-02 13:10:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi i have just purchased LG 32LK6100PLB manual states magic remote ready i am confused as when i tried to buy this remote i'm being told its not the correct one for my TV( remote no is LG AN-MR18BA) can you please let me know if this is the correct  one for this TV before i buy thank you
  • Reply Title Icon

campancampan Member
    Posted on 2018-12-02 23:03:59 Vote Up5Vote Down
     Hello , I want to connect my LG 43UK6470PLC to Alexa!! 
    I have followed all the steps from the tutorial. 
    I have downloaded the lg smarthinQ app , I've logged in with the same lg account that I have setup on my Tv. My wifi name contains only English supported letters and is 2,4 ghz frequency.  But I can't find my Tv on the apps device's list . I want to add my tv but i can't :((.  I NEED SOME HELP ( LG COSTUMERS SERVICE).
    simonlarssonPeggyt00craiglloyd74
  • Reply Title Icon

kmkrechkmkrech Member
    Posted on 2018-12-07 19:44:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    i downloaded the Smartthinq app to connect my appliances and when i open up the app it says "Error you need to sign in to the SmartThinQ app." and when i hit retry i get the same error and when i click cancel the app closes. I am never given the opportunity to sign in.
  • Reply Title Icon

FreelancerFreelancer Member
    Posted on 2018-12-09 04:46:34 Vote Up0Vote Down
    in 2012, I bought a LG 65LW6500 65" 3D LG TV. I have lots of 3D Blu-rays. The TV still works great but I need another TV for a second house. 

The OLED TVs seem close to the spec of my 3D TV but none actually say they can show a 3D Blu-ray. Can you clarify?

Thanks 
  • Reply Title Icon

shawnh12shawnh12 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-19 21:06:55 Vote Up-5Vote Down

We recently had a new LG Washer and Dryer installed at our house.  I was able to connect them both to the LG SmartThinQ app on my iPhone and can control them from the app just fine.  However, I am not able to add them to my list of Alexa smart home devices.  FYI, I have about 10 smart switches, a thermostat and an LG Smart TV already connected to my Amazon Alexa account.  I did download the LG SmartThinQ – Complete skill for Alexa.  The skill is enabled in Alexa and linked to my LG account.  However, whenever I try to add the washer and/or dryer as a new device, the Alexa app searches for 45-60 seconds but never finds either one to add.  (I also tried the LG SmartThinQ – Basic skill even though I read it won’t work for appliances with the same failed result)

Here are the details about the new washer and dryer:

LG Washer

Model: WT1901CK

LG Dryer

Model: DLEY1901KE

I have tried searching for help online but all the instructions I find do not go into any more detail than what I have tried already.  I would appreciate some help in figuring out what needs to be done.  Thank you.
    TVGuy
  • Reply Title Icon

grtessmangrtessman Member
    Posted on 2018-12-24 02:07:40 Vote Up5Vote Down
    What's so smart about an appliance that can't reconnect to wifi by itself?
    nancyk718elliott895frenchd
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-22 21:54:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I get about 90% through the registering of my 2476S refrigerator and it stops and errors out all the time.  How do we get past the product registration hurdle with IOS and the SmartThinQ application?
  • Reply Title Icon

lsemraulsemrau Member
    Posted on 2019-01-23 00:31:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having the same problem as scooterjohnson with my LFXS30766D refrigerator, on both the IOS and Android app.
  • Reply Title Icon

brianhynsonbrianhynson Member
    Posted on 2019-01-31 06:29:18 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I downloaded the smart Thinq app on my iPhone and when I try and sign in using either my google login, amazon login, or try creating an LG account i get the error "The information that you entered does not comply with our terms of service."  Any suggestions?
    ZakTaccardi
  • Reply Title Icon

kastevens110kastevens110 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-07 21:07:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having the same problem as scotterjohnson with my 24796 refrigerator and IOS.  Excellent signal strength, so that is not the problem.
  • Reply Title Icon

CraigKCraigK Member
    Posted on 2019-02-08 16:04:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have just received a LFXS30796D refrigerator and when I try to register via the ThinQ app on a Samsung S7 phone, the registration process does not go further that 90%.   I get an error message on the phone and to retry but it always fails.  After trying I notice the the WiFi indicator is on solid.
    I have tried many times, tried putting a WiFi range extender in the kitchen and powering the refrigerator down for several minutes.

I had no problems with ThinQ app and my new LDT7797BD dishwasher which is only a few feet from the
    refrigerator.

The WiFi router is in a room next to the kitchen.

• Reply Title Icon

amscheibamscheib Member
    Posted on 2019-02-12 00:44:03 edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When i try to acess my dishwasher from the app, I receive a message of  - 
    "Disconnected.  Please turn on the product and connect to a network in order to use all of the functions.  What is the purpose of remote access if I have to walk over and turn it on to utlize remote functionality."

Also similar for my oven, remote start guide indicates to go open the over door and turn on remote start.  I don't understand if I have to go enable it to remote whats the purpose.   I would generally use remote access when its unplanned.  Further if someone utilizes the oven and doesn't reset the remote start, then I have lost my ability to remotely access.   

Am I missing something here?
  • Reply Title Icon

Heroic_MuscleHeroic_Muscle Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 01:08:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the LG V40 Thin Q.How do I connect a shotgun microphone to it when filming vieos? I have a Takstar SGC - 598 and I can't seem to get it to work.Also can I some how use a field monitor?Do I have to go wireless and install a Mycast and external battery for this to work? The option of USBC to video being taken away makes everything a little more difficult.